– Is stress overwhelming your life?
– Is anxiety clouding your mind from being engaged with your day-to-day activity?
– Do you want to learn how to live mindfully in midst of chaos?
In this episode, you will learn the difference between mindfulness and meditation and why both are important and unique skills to help you live a conscious and engaged life. Jesse will also lead us through a mindful meditation that will help relax your mind and give you clarity. You can revisit this meditation in this episode whenever you need be relaxed, relieve stress or anxiety so you can center your energy back to live consciously.
Our special guest is Jesse Foy, who is the Founder and Guiding Teacher at Rooted In Mindfulness, a center located in Wisconsin. Jesse’s teachings are informed by 25+ years of learning and practice that include an extensive formal interdisciplinary education in Buddhism and Contemplative Psychology at Naropa University, advanced teacher training in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) at the Center for Mindfulness at UMass Medical School, a 15+ year mindfulness-based mind-body medical practice, and numerous retreats with both Western and Eastern teachers. Jesse unites traditional Buddhist psychology and modern mindfulness-based models in ways that are accessible and relevant to everyone. He aims to illuminate the importance of awakening our innate capacities for ‘Great Wisdom’ and ‘Great Compassion’ to promote health, well-being, happiness, freedom, and goodness in our inner and outer world.”
Jesse Foy will go over the:
– Difference between meditation and mindfulness.
– Science behind meditation and mindfulness in improving health.
– Type of health issues which can be addressed with meditation and mindfulness.
– Tips for beginners for mindfulness and meditation.
– A 10-minute meditation for stress management or anxiety relief.
Visit Jesse Foy’s Center Rooted in Mindfulness at https://www.rootedinmindfulness.org